posted Apr 2, 2020, 1:19 PM by Vermilion Soccer Assn. Communications Director   [ updated Apr 2, 2020, 1:19 PM ]

VSA realizes that these are unprecedented times and we are all trying to make the best of our current situation, soccer has not been exempted from this.   Executive members have been meeting regularly and remaining in touch with Lakeland District Soccer; likewise Lakeland District Soccer has remained connected to Alberta Soccer Association (ASA).  Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) has been involved with communicating to all Provinces and is helping guide the decision surrounding the upcoming 2020 outdoor season.

Here is what we know:

  1. To date there has been no formal decision to close the 2020 outdoor season - there will be more updates shortly and as VSA receives these, we will share with our members/families.
  2. If the season is to proceed, it will be an adjusted season.  As to what that looks like - that has yet to be determined. Thoughts that come to mind are - starting late May and going until end of June {condensed season}; running soccer over the summer months; later summer start that includes September …. the possibilities truly are unknown at this time.
  3. VSA has all registrations and associated fees held.  No cheques have been cashed. VSA will hold all player information and pending final decision from Lakeland/ASA - that will determine the action needed on processing the registrations.  Should the soccer season be cancelled, VSA will return all funds, in full, to families.
  4. No players are permitted on the soccer fields at this time due to no insurance coverage as there is no start date for the season.
  5. The Provincial Park is off limits to vehicles as per order of the Government of Alberta.  There is no access to the soccer fields at this time.  
  6. The late fee for registrations for the 2020 outdoor season has been waived as there is a clear disruption in the processes in place to submit registration.
  7. The deadline for registration will be extended - at this point in time there has been no set closing date of registrations as we wait to hear more and plan accordingly.
  8. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to any member of the VSA Executive or send your email to Vermilion Soccer - all contact information may be found on our website.

Thank you for your patience and we will be in touch soon,

VSA Executive